My weekend, despite it being longer than normal due to my toe surgery, went by too quickly as usual. Let’s do a quick review, shall we?
1. Woke up, blogged, internet-ed and headed to Starbucks & Einstein Bagels for a quick breakfast for the roommate and me. She’s been so great from driving me to my surgery to wrapping my toe on a daily basis, I thought I’d treat her to breakfast on me. (Starbucks and bagels is a weekend tradition in this household!)
2. Headed to the pool to get some Vitamin D and a few rays. Read some of my book, The Non-Runner’s Marathon Guide for Women (Gotta keep myself motivated during these two weeks off, so I decided now was the perfect time to read the book to keep me pumped up!) So far, so good if you were wondering 🙂
3. Went on a short, 30-minute walk on the path near my apartment, to see how my toe would hold up. It was alright. Somewhat sore today. But glad I got to move a bit.
4. Showered, got dressed, headed to Ray’s Hell Burger (which is amazing, if you live in the DC area, go!, best burgers in town!) & then to a showing of Harry Potter (in 3D!) I loved the movie. I have read all the books, several times, and am not ashamed to call myself a huge fan. I went with a friend I’ve seen the last few movies with, so it was fun to chat about the movies afterwards over a beer at a bar nearby. I won’t ruin anything, but basically go see it. Now!
Overall, I had a pretty great Saturday if I do say so myself.
1. Woke up, had an easy breakfast, read some blogs, internet-ed some more.
2. A few hours at the pool, more reading, an easy lunch, more sun until some clouds scared me away.
3. Grocery shopped
till I dropped then came home, had a snack and attempted to re-install Windows on my laptop. It half worked. Going to bring it in to work tomorrow and see if one of my guy friends can take a look 🙂 Thankfully I have my work laptop at home so I am not computerless!
4. Cooked dinner, which took way longer than I suspected, and finally ate around 8:30pm! Thank goodness for my afternoon snack or I would have been dying! Also had a few bites of Neapolitan
out of the container for a sweet fix.
All in all it was a pretty good, laid back weekend, which is just what I needed with my toe not fully functioning yet. I hope this week to get some walks in and start a strength program since I can’t start running again until the doc says its okay, probably after my follow up appointment on the 28th. Wish me a speedy recovery! Hope no one has a case of the Mondays tomorrow…