This morning I woke up bright and early and did Stage 1 Workout A of NROLFW. What’s that you say? I was suppose to do it yesterday. Oh yes, you would be right. But I in fact did not do it yesterday because yesterday I decided to play hooky and go to Happy Hour with a coworker. Sometimes you just need to let loose, and after yesterday at work, I sure did!
Let’s back things up shall we?
Lunch was rounded out with a plum on the side.
Now this is where things get tricky, and by tricky, I mean for real gross! As I said, after work I went to Happy Hour with a co-worker. I had
one three of these…
By the time I got home around 9:30 I was STARVING. I poked my head in the freezer, saw my roommate’s Lean Pocket (chicken, mushroom + wild rice) and dug in. (After asking permission of course.)
Oh the insanity. Why did I eat this. It made me feel awful! I have not had processed foods in so long at this level. I went to bed with a stomach ache. It could have been worse I suppose, and it could have been a Hot Pocket! 😉
I pledged to get up workout and have a good, healthy day to make up for it! (And to say sorry to my tummy!) So far, so good. As I said, I got up did my strength training. Overall the first day was pretty good.
Stage 1, Workout A includes:
- Squats with Barbell –> Started at 10lbs on each side plus the bar! I definitely felt it!
- Push-ups –> Did these “lady” style (aka on my knees) since I definitely cannot be on my toe!
- Seated row –> I think 35lbs but I have to check…. yes, I am a weight newbie!
- Step-ups with weights
- Prone Jack Knife –> I did regular sit-ups this time since I think it may have been hard on my toe.
- 1/2 tbsp flax seed
- 1/2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder
- 1 tbsp(ish) dark chocolate PB
- FF milk